Story

Cunard Building War Memorial

On the West side of the building a War Memorial was erected in memory of Cunard employees killed during WWI and later to those killed in WWII. Completed in 1920 it was officially unveiled in 1921 by the 17th Earl of Derby Edward Stanley. The memorial was designed by Arthur Davies, who was a consultant [...]

On the West side of the building a War Memorial was erected in memory of Cunard employees killed during WWI and later to those killed in WWII. Completed in 1920 it was officially unveiled in 1921 by the 17th Earl of Derby Edward Stanley.

The memorial was designed by Arthur Davies, who was a consultant on the building construction and initially located at the Pier Head.

Share this: